Limited Driving Privileges

Souder Tate Law: Limited Driving Privilege (LDP) and License Reinstatement

Souder Tate Law: License Reinstatement and Limited Driving Privilege (LDP)

Limited Driving Privileges (Hardship License) and other License Issues

Trying to hold down a job or take care of your family is almost impossible if you don't have a valid license. If you have lost your driving privileges or are facing the loss of your license due to points or a DWI conviction, I can help. I know the law and the steps you can take to have your driving privileges reinstated. If you are not yet eligible for a driver license reinstatement, I can discuss how my office can help you receive a limited driving privilege (sometimes referred to as a hardship license). The Missouri Department of Revenue provides information on license reinstatement here and on limited driving privileges here.

If you have pleaded guilty to traffic tickets only to find out you will lose your license due to points, I sometimes can get your guilty plea set aside and negotiate a plea agreement which avoids points. Although there is no absolute right to set aside a guilty plea, many judges and prosecutors would rather allow it so you can keep driving legally. Of course, the best plan is never to plead guilty to a traffic ticket unless you know exactly how doing so will affect your license.

In Missouri, there are certain convictions which will prevent a person from ever getting a limited driving privilege. These include a felony involving a motor vehicle, a conviction for driving under the influence of drugs and leaving the scene of an accident. The only current exception to this lifetime disqualification is for graduates or participants in DWI Court. Please call if you have questions. I can advise and assist DWI Court graduates or participants in getting their limited driving privileges.

Missouri statutes allow a conviction or finding of guilty on a first offense DWI to be expunged from your record under certain conditions. If you have only one prior DWI and at least ten years have passed since your finding of guilty, I can review the law with you and determine if you meet those conditions. I also can help remove the record of certain moving violations from your permanent driving record.

I have over 25 years of experience helping clients get a limited driving privilege (hardship license) or a driver license reinstatement. I am here to help you.

Call 417.831.5299 to schedule a Free 30 minute Consultation